GA16forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GA16forums

First forum for GA16 owners

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GA16i Performance!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sonicgundam

GA16i Performance!! Empty
PostSubject: GA16i Performance!!   GA16i Performance!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:20 am

ok so i know most see it ass economical just to swap to a DE, but the 16i is a good strong engine too, with it's own benefits.

So, we'll start with the easy. anything that is a bolt on for the GA16DE will bolt on to the GA16i. so, that means:

Exhaust Header

Exhaust system

Lightweight Flywheels

Clutches

Motor mount inserts

Underdrive Pulley (I'm not totally sure, i need to do some checking to see if the P#'s are the same. if so, it'll work)

and the infamous Eurocam. it's not technically a bolt on, but it is so easy to do, that i would put it in the same category. it actually took me less time to install the cam than it did my header. FSM for the win.

I'll make a separate thread outlining the different exhaust options for the GA16i (which can be doubled for b13 DE's) so as to make it straight forward what you should and should NOT buy.

k, now for the expensive.

the given here is extensive headwork and higher compression. only take your head to a machine shop if they use a flowbench!! higher compression pistons will have to be custom made. no one makes them readily, and our engines ARE interference at stock compression.

dual side draft carburetors or individual throttle bodies can be fit with certain manifolds intended for the GA16DE. Rowland manifolds makes them as did TWM. TWM's manifolds can be found on ebay now and again.

the final mod, as its still somewhat in the works, is the GA16DE intake manifold swap, IE. MPFI conversion. this can be done with junkyard pieces using a b13 GA donor engine. along with the header exhaust, and cam, this mod could be proven to be a major upgrade, and opens up the possibility of maybe turbocharging the 16i
Back to top Go down
mrmoose

PostSubject: Re: GA16i Performance!!   GA16i Performance!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Sweet info! I'll be watching this one, and maybe a hint or two of my own! Wink
Back to top Go down
sonicgundam

PostSubject: Re: GA16i Performance!!   GA16i Performance!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:05 am

mrmoose wrote:
Sweet info! I'll be watching this one, and maybe a hint or two of my own! Wink

Go for it! add as many hints as you want!

I also forgot to add advancing the timing to 10* BTDC (7* is stock). that is the most effective timing. it will give a bit better throttle response. it is technically a "Free" mod, however, it requires you to run 91 octane, no less.

I am currently working on getting a GA15E with complete wiring harness and ECU. if i can, this will make for the best GA16i MPFI conversion!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GA16i Performance!!   GA16i Performance!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GA16i Performance!!
Page 1 of 1